For more than a decade and during the Summer, Las Nubes Project has offered a field course on Tropical Conservation and Sustainability in Costa Rica. The success of this course led to the creation of the Semester Abroad, which will take place during the months of May and June 2017.
The 2017 Semester Abroad offered six courses for undergraduate and graduate students, which were held at our new EcoCampus (located in front of Las Nubes Biological Reserve) and numerous other locations in the Southern Costa Rica.
Please note the following:
- All courses are open to upper-year undergraduates and graduates, including non-FES students.
- Course fees includes all in-country transportation, room and board, and park entrance fees that are part of course programs. Accommodations includes a mix of homestays and hotels.
- Some overlaps between courses are scheduled to enable shared field trips and activities.
- BES Areas of Concentration for each one of the courses are available here
- The courses offered are of interest to students from a wide range of disciplines including (and not limited to) environmental studies, international studies, health, education, biology, sociology, business, sociology, political science, psychology, design and engineering.
- Visa information: Refer to the Embassy of Costa Rica in Canada's website.
- Non-York Students must follow the Admission and Application Procedures for Visiting Students